For the 2011 playoffs, the Flyers chose a slogan that was a favorite expression of coach Peter Laviolette.
It read, “With all our will, we will.” Personally, I’m convinced that the players spent so much time trying to figure out exactly what this meant that it caused brain drain, which then led to the listless team that could barely keep up with their postseason opponents.
So, we would like to suggest some new slogans for next season to prevent this potential disaster from happening again.
With any luck, one of these will stick.
- Business never personal
- Get off our backs, we have a goalie
- We mean business
- Wanna go, pretty boy?
- Strictly business
- I’ve had it with these motherf*ckin’ goals in our motherf*ckin’ net!
- Business as usual
- And you will know my name is Rinaldo when I lay my vengeance upon thee!
- Unfinished business (remastered)
- Hey, does anyone want to trade some affordable talent and high draft picks for overpaid players with no trade clauses?
- Back in business
- It’s only game. Why you heff to be med?