Welcome to 3-on-3 , where we look back on the past week of Flyers games and break down the numbers to see who is hot and who could be playing better. The Orange and Black dropped their only contest of the week to Tampa Bay down at St. Pete Times Forum in overtime, salvaging one point out of two.
Let’s get to this week 3 “hot” Flyers:
- Scott Harnell — Harnell continued his resurgence with the Flyers’ only goal of the evening, a power play tally and his sixth goal of the season. He is still 3rd on the team in relative Corsi (I only count players who have played in at least 10 or more games) with an 8.3 rating.
- Chris Pronger -- Pronger returned from his eye injury and played with an edge, earning 2 penalties in the second period. The Flyers captain leads the team in ice time with an average of 21:47 per game.
- Ilya Bryzgalov -- “Bryz” continues to get better as he lowered his GAA to 2.78 despite the OT loss. He has been solid and more consistent, more like the player Paul Holmgren thought he was getting last summer when he signed Bryzgalov to a 9-year, $51 million deal.
This week’s 3 “cold” Flyers:
- Andreas Lilja – He continues to play the least amount of minutes for defensemen, only logging an average of 13:14 per game. He is a plus-1 for the season, but his relative Corsi is -5.6.
- Danny Briere – Briere contines to get chances,but needs to put up more points. His relative Corsi is still too low at -6.5.
- Wayne Simmonds – Simmonds needs to be more consistent on a nightly basis, sometimes he disappears for a few games and then will burst back onto the scene with a big game. His relative Corsi of -6.2 needs improvement.
Well, that’s all for this week, check in next week when we look back at a whopping 4 Flyers contests.