What: Flyers-themed Pub Quiz
When: Monday, March 5 at 8:00 p.m.
Why: To raise money for the Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation
Cost: $10 per person (half goes to ESYHF, half goes to Pub Quiz winner)
Ages: This is an all-ages event. People over 21 will get a wristband so they can drink. No sharing your Classic Winter Lagr with any underage people! We’ll be watching.
1. Attendees will get a free shirt designed by Broad Street Bootlegs, and a free bottle opener from Yelp (in exchange for signing up for Yelp’s newsletter).
2. The winning team from each round of Pub Quiz will get a six pack of a limited edition, specially brewed beer called Classic Winter Lagr. It’s a black lager with a hint of orange and uses Czech ingredients.
3. Participants can form a team of up to six players.
4. An ice sculptor who created sculptures for the Winter Classic in Boston as well as the upcoming Winter Classic in Philadelphia will be donating sculptures to the event.
5. Half of the entry free ($10 per person) will go to the ESYHF and the other half will go to the winning Pub Quiz team. Our goal is to get 200 people to attend, which means the winning team gets $1,000 and $1,000 goes to charity!
6. The trivia questions will be written by members of The Philadelphia Association of Sports Trivia.
7. We are working on getting some current and/or former Flyers to make an appearance at the event. More on this as the details develop!
8. CSN Philly will be taping the event for a segment on their website and possibly for the Orange Line show!
9. RSVP for the event on this Facebook listing.
10. You can also RSVP on our Yelp Event Page.
Update: Here is the CSN Philly video of the event. Thanks to everyone who came out!
Sponsors and Partners