Image courtesy Wikimedia
Click on the tabs below to navigate through the tournament data and registration.
A four-team, four-game ice hockey tournament
Saturday, June 30 from 3:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Where: Flyers Skate Zone in Pennsauken
To raise money for the Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation
Registration will cost $50 per player
- Four media personalities — Sarah Baicker, Eklund, Dave Isaac, and Dustin Leed — will captain each of the teams.
- You will be asked to honestly evaluate your ice hockey skills as part of the registration process. Needless to say, you must know how to play ice hockey and own all of the necessary equipment to play.
- The four team captains will draft the teams. The draft will likely be held on Friday, June 29 at one of the bars we anticipate will sponsor the event.
- Participants will be asked to attend the draft.
- Each player will receive a free team jersey, sponsored by a local establishment, as part of event participation.
- The tournament will follow a simple formant. The losing team in each of the first two games will play in a consolation game. Then, the winning team in each of the first two games will play in the championship game.
- The winning team will receive $500.
- We may also have a banner or plaque made up to commemorate the winners of each annual ice hockey tournament.
- Participants will only be able to register as individuals and a registrant’s spot is not guaranteed until the registration fee is paid.
- We will have more details on potential giveaways, perks, etc. coming soon.
- Registrants must be 18 or older to participate but should be over 21, since we are holding the draft at a bar.
- Each team will consist of 16 players (nine forwards, six defenders, and one goalie). That number also includes the team captain.
- If the demand is great enough to have eight total goalies, we will expand registration to include two goalies per team.
- This is a co-ed tournament.
How can I check to see my registration status?
to view information our spreadsheet with information on who has registered.How come I can’t register as a goalie?
All of our goalie spots were gone within an hour. Sorry. If you’d like to play, you’ll have to play as a forward or a defenseman.Do you need volunteers?
We do need volunteers, but not many. Since this is a small tournament, we could use two referees, a linesman, and someone to work the scoreboard.I registered but didn’t pay. Now I can’t figure out how to pay for my spot. How do I do that?
Get in touch
with us and we will tell you where to send a PayPal payment.
Can’t I just pay you in cash at the tournament?
The only way to guarantee your registration is to pay and the only way we are accepting payments is through PayPal. Sorry.
Do I need to know how to play hockey and have all the equipment to play in this tournament?
Yes, you do.
Will there be any food or beverages provided at the tournament?
The Skate Zone has vending machines and I believe they will have food for sale as well (don’t quote me on that). I recommend that you bring a filled water bottle with you at the very least.
Are the rules all set for the tournament?
No, not yet. We will tweak them over the next few weeks.
- Game length: Two twenty-minute halves with fifteen minutes built-in intermissions and five minutes to warm up.
- Checking: Not allowed. You will receive a two-minute penalty or be tossed from the game depending upon the severity of the hit.
- Fighting: Not allowed. You will be thrown out of the tournament for fighting.
- Equipment: Every player needs a full set of ice hockey equipment.
- Games will be played 5-on-5.
- Offsides is not allowed.
- Each goal will result in a faceoff at center ice.
- More rules to come soon.