There will be a draft on Friday, June 29
- The draft will be at the 45th Street Pub in Pennsauken, NJ (not to be confused with the one in Edgewater).
- The draft starts at 9:00 p.m. on Friday, June 29.
- All players are invited and the draft is open to the public. Feel free to bring your friends and family.
- The pub (owned by a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America!) offered us a deal on the food. Each person will pay $12 (plus tax and gratuity — so anticipate spending about $15 per person) for two hours of food.
- There will be no tab or group bill. Everyone must pay for themselves.
At the draft, all players will get their team jersey.Players will get their jersey on Saturday at the tournament.
- Players are not required to be at the draft but it is recommended.
- We will hold a 50/50 raffle at the draft.
Be early for the tournament
- The tournament will be held at the Skate Zone in Pennsauken, NJ.
- The first game will start at 3:00 on Saturday, June 30. You must be there beforehand to be ready to play.
- The tournament is open to the public. There is no price for admission but we will be collecting donations for ESYHF there.
- We will determine the tournament schedule at the draft on June 29.
- Each team is guaranteed two games.
- Every player should bring a backup white jersey, just to be safe.
- The winning team will get $500 and the team name on a trophy/plaque (we are no longer using a banner).
- For more information, go here.
- If you have any questions, get in touch.
- If you can no longer play in the tournament, we request that you find someone to take your place. Unfortunately, at this point, we can no longer afford to refund your money.
- As you may have heard, we have a celebrity playing in the tournament. It’s David Boreanaz of Bones/Angel/Buffy the Vampire Slayer fame (not to mention the son of Dave Roberts)!
- Randy Miller was generous enough to write a story on our tournament. It will run in the Courier-Post on Saturday.
- We have a number of awesome items — courtesy of the hard work of Jenn Stauffer — to raffle off at the tournament.
After the party, it’s the after-party
- After the tournament, we will be celebrating at The Irish Mile in Westmont.
- I will confirm this tomorrow but, my understanding is that the bar is comping food for us and we just have to pay for drinks (and gratuity, of course). They have over 60 really good beers on tap.
- Again, all players are invited to this event.
- The party is open to the public and you can bring your friends and family.
- We will be selling shirts at the tournament at a discounted price. A percentage of the profit from the sale of some of our shirts will go to the Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation.
- 3:00: The Irish Mile vs. U.S. Hotel Bar & Grill
- 4:15: 45th Street Pub vs. Pitchers Pub
- 5:30: Consolation Game
- 6:45: Championship Game
Giving of thanks
This tournament would not be possible without the hard work and cooperation of (in no particular order) Sarah Baicker, Dave Isaac, Dustin Leed, Eklund, Jennifer Stauffer, the good people at Virtua Skate Zone and Comcast-Spectacor, the Flyers Faithful family, the players, the volunteers, the Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation, those who helped spread the word about the tournament, and so many others. We are eternally grateful. Thank you for everything.
Come to relax, enjoy some hockey, or volunteer