Welcome to the newest edition of “Point/Counterpoint,” where a pair of Flyers Faithful scribes present both sides of one particular issue with their own unique view and flair.
This week Pavialax and Marcello D debate the positives and negatives of defenseman Dustin Byfuglien.
- Has a serious appetite for competition
- His name is easy to pronounce for the novice hockey fan
- Now that he’s a Jet, he’s hoping to change his number to 747
- In case of a lockout, he’s lined up a second source of income as a spokesman for Weight Watchers alongside Charles Barkley in order to make Sir Charles look slimmer.
- Easily chips in on offense because it only takes him 3 strides to move from net to net.
- Has a heavy shot. I mean, he really gets his weight behind it.
- It’s a little known fact that Byfuglien played an integral role in Kyle Wellwood’s weight loss by eating for both of them.
- At the end of last season, Jets management told him they expected a huge year from him. He took it literally.
By Marcello De Feo
- Has never made it further than 75% of the way through the claim, “I eat players like you for breakfast.”
- Threatens to alter the NHL landscape by becoming his own defensive pairing
- Five-year contract extension could result in Winnipeg being below sea level by 2015
- Once catapulted Kyle Wellwood into the rafters upon sitting on the opposite side of the bench
- Caused the Winnipeg Jets to raise ticket prices by 40% in order to cover the additional costs of food and fuel
- You know that scene in cartoons when something ricochets off the walls and everyone ducks for cover? That will happen to his knees the next time he hits the ice
- Has to wait in the Zamboni tunnel for his next shift
- When he sits around the house, structural damage occurs