Sarah Baicker had a terrific idea. We should play some ice hockey and raise money for victims of Sandy. Here are the details for the event:
What: Two-team ice hockey game fundraiser
When: Saturday, 12/15 from 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Where: Voorhees Flyers Skate Zone
Cost: $40 per person
- There will be two teams. Each team will consist of 15 skaters and one goalie.
- Each participant will get a jersey.
- All the goalie spots are taken. There is only room for skaters at this point.
- We may do a draft before the tournament and a post-game celebration.
- Please register as quickly as possible to ensure that we can get jerseys ordered, numbered, and printed in time.
- Remember that everything is tentative at this moment. We will update you with any possible changes as they become available.
- Our goal is to raise $1,000 for Sandy victims.
- We will raffle off items and do a 50/50 raffle at the event.
- We will also be selling shirts and posters at the event. A portion of the proceeds from each sale will go towards the money raised for victims.
- You need to be 18 or older to play.
- Don’t worry, we’ll still be doing fundraisers to raise money for Snider Hockey.
- You’re awesome. Thanks for helping us raise money for a good cause!
- People are encouraged to come watch. There is no fee to do so. The only cost is to play.
- Although this should go without saying, you need to have hockey gear and be capable of playing ice hockey in order to participate.
- View the participating players here.
- The co-captains for the two teams will be Dustin Leed and Dave Isaac (Team TBA, white jerseys) vs. Eklund and Eric O’Dell (Team HockeyBuzz, black jerseys)
- The draft will take place on the afternoon of Tuesday, December 4. Rosters will be announced on this page tonight. Everyone will be emailed with their team info.
- Registration is full but you can still place your name on the wait list, in case a spot opens up.
- Each player will need to sign a waiver before playing. You will receive that as a PDF via email shortly.
- In case the lockout ends and the Flyers need the Voorhees Skate Zone and we lose our ice time, we have tentative plans to play at the Pennsauken Skate Zone from 12:30 – 2:00.