THIS TOURNAMENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED ON ACCOUNT OF THE RAIN. PLEASE FOLLOW THE SITE FOR UPDATES ON THE EVENT. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.
It’s been fun scheduling one-off games and raising money to help out those affected by recent tragedies but now it is time to get back to helping out Snider Hockey.
So, without further adieu, allow me to introduce you to the Second Annual Flyers Faithful/Broad Street Hockey Roller Hockey Tournament.
Who: Twelve teams
What: A one-day, twelve-team roller hockey tournament
When: Saturday, May 11, 2013 from 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Where: The rinks at Wesley Bishop Park located at N. Church Street & Twosome Drive in Moorestown, NJ
Why: I’m assuming you know that by now
How: By selecting the team or individual registration option in the dropdown and completing the payment and registation by clicking the Buy Now button on the PayPal form at the bottom of this page.
- We posted a preliminary schedule and bracket. You can view it here.
- Cost is $25 per person
or $250 per team.
- It is recommended that each team has 11 players, including a goalie. This year, we will not be tracking names but stating that you will not be allowed to have more than 11 players.
- The winning team will receive $750 and have their team name engraved on the tournament trophy.
- Remember, this is a fun game being played for the sole purpose of raising money for a good cause. Let’s not get caught up in the nitty gritty details like whether we play with a ball or a puck. Let’s just have fun and enjoy a nice day out in the sun playing some hockey.
- Since we are not collecting the names and contact info of every player on your team, the person who registers will be responsible for passing along the information to the other teammates.
- ConAgra Foods donated five cases of energy bars and we have a few cases of energy drinks previously donated by Walmart for the players.
- All team slots are taken. Only one individual slot remains at this point.
- You can view the list of registered teams and players here.
- Philly Phaithful will be coming out to sell some of their awesome shirts. They will be
- donating a portion of their proceeds to Snider Hockey.
- We will have three food trucks available at the tournament again. Those trucks will include: Foo Truck, Cupcake Carnivale, and Trent’s Treats. They will be donating a portion of their proceeds to Snider Hockey.
- As usual, we will also be selling merch and donating to Snider Hockey. We will also do various raffles.
- Game length: Two 15-minute periods with one-minute intermissions and five minutes to warm up.
- Checking: Not allowed. You will receive a two-minute penalty or be tossed from the game depending upon the severity of the hit. This is a zero-tolerance charity event. Please keep that in mind at all times.
- Fighting: Not allowed. You will be thrown out of the tournament for fighting.
- Equipment: Every skater needs skates and a stick. We recommend a cup, shin pads, gloves, and a helmet as well. Goalies need full equipment.
- Games will be played 4-on-4.
- Offsides is technically not allowed — only blatant cherry picking will be called. Refs won’t nitpick.
- Each goal will result in a faceoff at center ice.
- Teams must be on time or run the risk of forfeiting their game. It is recommended that you show up 15-30 minutes before your schedule game time.